Was there any big change put in production this weekend? Regarding TLS

Hello, I started getting the following exception this weekend after users log in:
" The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. "

Was there any big change that was published to production this weekend?

Was it the one discussed below?

Thanks!

Hi @rickwolff,

It looks like the TLS updates started rolling out a couple of weeks ago, it may have to do with that. Do you know if any of your clients are using the unsupported TLS versions 1.0 or 1.1?

We’ve found a way to fix that.
On LoginCallback.ashx.cs we put the line below before calling the httpClient.GetTokenAsync:

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls | SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

Then it solved the issue. But our system was down for some time because of it and I wasn’t understanding the reason.

I’ll leave it here so it may help someone else as well. But I think it was strange that I didn’t receive any notification on my auth0 notifications panel.

Thanks

1 Like

It looks like most users who were using the older TLS versions would receive an email notice. Regardless, thank you for posting a solution and update, and thanks for your patience on this.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.