Vue 3/JavaScript + Options API Code Sample: User Authentication For Basic Apps

This JavaScript code sample demonstrates how to implement authentication in a Vue 3 Single-Page Application that uses the Options API. This code sample uses the Auth0 Vue SDK.

1 Like

Thanks for the sample. A couple of documentation fine-tunes:

1. A “gotcha”:
    When I reached the step that says: “When you click on the “Log In” button, Vue 3 Options API takes you to the Auth0 Universal Login page.”,
    I could not log in because I signed up for my Auth0 account using my Github account, and the sample Sign In page wanted an email address and password (reasonably enough).
    So, I needed to click “Sign up” to make a new user account for the sample app and after that all worked as per the tutorial.
    And that was great because user registration was the main thing I wanted to test! Cool!

2. A small doc inaccuracy:
    The steps
    git checkout basic-authorization
    cd api_express_javascript_hello-world
    are back to front, no?

Thanks again,
Murray

1 Like

Thank you, Murray, for pointing them out. I have reached out to our Documentation team to make the correction. Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are working on updating this code sample page and other pages that have the same mistake. Your feedback helped us improve our developer content. :raised_hands: We are also working on revamping the site! :eyes: Next time that you visit us, you’ll see something that I hope you find really cool. I hope that you love it.

Stay tuned and, once again, thank you for taking the time to use our content and share your feedback. :pray:

Glad to help. I found Auth0 really helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like