User Search Query Not Working In NodeJS

I have a Javascript app that is utilizing the Auth0 library. I have logged in one user with Twitter and two with LinkedIn and one with Auth0 for a total of 4 user records. I have a user login with LinkedIn and then we get a response back from the callback that looks like this:

Object {
  "family_name": "Smith",
  "given_name": "John",
  "name": "John Smith",
  "nickname": "john.a.smith",
  "picture": "https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E03AQG-Cn-ouWQlpQ/profile-displayphoto-shrink_100_100/0?e=1537401600&v=beta&t=gIg442j35l2A6gdatgi_B523r3hJFFQ5KjbuZDZtqU",
  "sub": "linkedin|QJn-UJxjUx",
  "updated_at": "2018-07-17T07:27:13.041Z",
}

I want to then retrieve the details of that account so I use the management API to make a search query. My query looks like this:

const userSearchResponse = await fetch(`${privateKeys.auth0.domain}/api/v2/users`, {
      method: 'GET',
      headers: {
        qs: { q: 'identities.user_id⁠⁠⁠⁠.raw:"QJn-UJxjUx"', search_engine: 'v2' },
        authorization: `Bearer ${privateKeys.auth0.managementToken}`
      }
    });

const userSearchParsed = await userSearchResponse.json();

this.extractLinkedInData(userSearchParsed);

However, when I make this search query it returns all 4 records every time. I have tried changing the q param to be

'nickname:"john.a.smith"''
'nickname.raw:"john.a.smith"''

And none of these work. I’m getting every record back (from Twitter, Auth0, and LinkedIn). Has anyone had any success using the search query with JS? Thanks in advance!

So I found an issue while using Postman to test this. When you add search_engine v2 or v3 you get an error response that says that search engine v2 and v3 are not valid options. Additionally, I had to put the query in the URL, I could not add them as headers as described in the example. So by URL encoding the nickname search I was able to get the results that I needed. Hopefully, this helps someone in the future. Hopefully, the docs get updated soon as well or the API gets fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.