User hints on what identity they used to sign up?

For our web app, we allow several different ways for a user to signup (e.g username/password, Facebook, Google) which is nice as we give them a choice. However, we are finding that users sometime forget how they initially signed up and then create multiple accounts (usually with different email addresses). Their intent was not to be able to sign in with different identities but just that they couldn’t remember how they signed up to begin with.

I know that one option for this is account merging but that seems to be trying to fix it after the problem occurred. Does anyone have some best practices or ideas (hopefully already supported by Auth0) of how to avoid creating multiple accounts in the first place?

Hey there @kiley.hykawy!

Sorry for such delay in response. We’re doing our best in providing you with best support knowledge that is required but sometimes we’re simply limited with our bandwidth and capacity. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for understanding!

Can you tell me whether you managed to get past the issue? The concept you needed to grasp was account linking probably:

Let me know if you have any questions!

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.