Usage of node and Passport

hello - this is my very first question as a paying customer!

when i look at the node example, i see Node-Passport is used. indeed, when i look at the Node-Passport website (unsecured!) i even see the Auth0 as a sponsor.

however, when we look at the GitHub activity for passport, i see virtually no recent activity regarding passport, which leads me to think that passport is not actively maintained anymore.

recently i have started using Grant since my own favorite framework, FeathersJS, has discontinued passport in favor of Grant.

i was able to quickly take one of the Grant examples, and make a couple of easy modifications to the sample code to use with Auth0 and it worked first time (now THAT is scary i tell you).

Would Auth0 consider another node example using Grant in addition to Passport? I am considering creating a Grant GitHub pull request where Auth0 is used in an example along with Google and Facebook.

Please share your thoughts before I put the effort into it.

NOTE: i became a paying customer not because I needed the extra features, but rather because i felt guilty using something as awesome as Auth0 without paying for it. :grin:

1 Like

Hey there @edwardsmarkff!

I can reach out to the team responsible for quickstarts and samples and see whether they have such plans on their roadmap. Will let you know soon

1 Like

at least we have this issue solved: Using node-grant FeathersJS to logout

i REALLY hope Auth0 gets a cookbook going. between these various difficult issues i have encountered and hired help with regarding node as well as PHP(!), i believe these solutions should be readily available on your website.

1 Like

Thanks for providing that feedback. I’ll relay it to the appropriate team!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.