Uncaught Error: Class 'Auth0\SDK\Store\CookieStore' not found

I’m trying to pass url params via the /authorize endpoint. I found lots of helpful links and documentation that led me to this documentation for the Auth0 PHP SDK (PHP: Using the Authentication API with Auth0-PHP) that would allow me to add params to the /authorize url (which I could then use to style a user who is signing up differently from a login on the Universal Login page).

I copied the code from the example (replacing the env variables as appropriate), but when I execute the code, I receive an error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Auth0\SDK\Store\CookieStore’ not found

This seems to be something missing in my install of the SDK, which basically means a dead-end for me.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I found the issue. It looks like the PHP Quickstart needs to be updated.

The install command forces the user to use version ~5.0, but the current version is 7.2

composer require auth0/auth0-php:“~5.0”

This command is only shown on the PHP Quickstart page.

The proper command that doesn’t require a specific (and outdated) version is on the Auth0 PHP official page (which was not easy to find). PHP: Getting Started using Auth0-PHP

php composer.phar require auth0/auth0-php

Once I re-ran my Composer which updated to version 7.2, the CookieStore error was resolved, and the url worked correctly.

It may help to update the documentation for the Quickstart PHP. Auth0 PHP SDK Quickstarts: Login

1 Like

I’ll relay that info to the team responsible for developing quickstarts.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.