Unable to find method to send username/password to auth0

tl;dr How do you pass username/password to Auth0 when using a native Android sign in flow?

We’re following the docs provided here and here to try and implement Auth0 sign-in natively into our Android app using username and password.

We’ve successfully added Lock to the project but the next step in the docs seems to be how to be notified about authentication events.

There doesn’t seem to be any docs on how to pass the username and password to Auth0. How is this done?

Hi @jgoodall,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community Forum!

Typically android apps are going to be secured with a redirect-based flow. Usually the auth code + PKCE grant type. This does not require your application to ever handle a password or username, which is part of what makes the process secure. You can have a non-browser based flow with auth0 but we typically recommend Universal Login. Here are some useful resources.

I recommend taking a look at the following doc when considering your options:

Here is some mobile-specific information:

Let me know if I missed anything,

Thanks,
Dan

Hi @dan.woda,

Unfortunately our UX requirements enforce that we use a native-based flow.
I have been trying to find relevant docs and examples for native Android and iOS implementations and a lot of examples/docs are missing crucial information, lets take this one as an example:

There is no 01 and 02 and besides that the 02 part is linked in another GitHub repo, which redirects to a 404.

Could you please link us to the latest and the best way to implement authentication natively in our Android and iOS apps?

Thanks,
Victor

Hi @dan.woda,

Unfortunately our UX requirements enforce that we use a native-based flow.
I have been trying to find relevant docs and examples for native Android and iOS implementations and a lot of examples/docs are missing crucial information, lets take this one as an example: GitHub - auth0-samples/auth0-android-sample: Auth0 Integration Samples for Android Applications

There is no 01 and 02 and besides that the 02 part is linked in another GitHub repo, which redirects to a 404.

Could you please link us to the latest and the best way to implement authentication natively in our Android and iOS apps?

Thanks,
Victor

Hi @vgrosu,

I’m apologize for the delayed response on this.

I can’t find any more relevant examples of native android implementations. I am looking for the 02 link you mentioned so I can report it and attempt to get it fixed.

Again, I apologize for the difficulty in implementing what you requested.

Warm Regards,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.