Trouble logging in on Safari and iOS

Hello, I’m having a hard time logging into my site ( on Safari and on browsers using iOS. I’m using hosted pages with passwordless login. I’ve searched similar questions online and I assumed that the issue is around ITP (Passwordless login fails for first login on macOS/iOS Safari · Issue #820 · auth0/auth0.js · GitHub). Therefore, I created a custom domain, which I read would fix the issue, but I’m still having trouble.

What’s odd is that I’m not getting any errors in the logs or in the console—the auth access token and id token are simply not being stored in the local storage. There is one thing odd that’s happening though in the Auth0 logs and that no connection_id is being recorded. Here’s the full example:

  "date": "2019-01-30T13:26:44.012Z",
  "type": "s",
  "connection_id": "",
  "client_id": "3U-nSf4D_ofItgNsObXGdFY92aFqBYih",
  "client_name": "Skillthrive",
  "ip": "",
  "user_agent": "Safari 12.0.2 / Mac OS X 10.14.2",
  "details": {
    "prompts": [],
    "completedAt": 1548854804012,
    "elapsedTime": null
  "hostname": "",
  "user_id": "email|5c4b2505e8fd56b4e59eac8a",
  "user_name": "",
  "log_id": "90020190130132644012637928348495898728224680782653967025",
  "isMobile": false

Any idea on how I can solve for this?

HAR file and Repo:

1 Like

Hi @hunter

As you are using a Custom Domain have you ensured to perform the extra configuration steps (found here)?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the response @charsleysa! I think I’ve narrowed the issue down to this: Hash get's lost on Safari/Webkit browsers - #6 by tagir.sharipov

I’m able to get the hash values when I run my website on localhost, but when it’s in production I’m running into the same issues when the hash is stripped, therefore now in the localstorage to be accessed.

1 Like

I just figured it out. My production callback was “” and I changed it to “Skillthrive | Community for developers to thrive” and it works now.

1 Like

Glad you used the magnifying glass and find the missing slash! :mag_right:


This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.