Transfering data between actions

Thanks Auth0 for the great feature.

I am trying to use Actions, there is one challenge I don’t know how to do …

if I have 2 actions - A and B, how I can transfer output data of Action A to input of Action B in the 1 process? example - post login process. if customer has problem, trigger a push notification to kafka.

thanks you!

1 Like

I also am looking for a similar functionality. Hope we can get some directions here. Thanks in advance

Hey there!

Not sure about it but let me reach out to appropriate team to find out how to achieve that

1 Like

I set an app_metadata property to inform following actions of information. Not an ideal solution, but it works for now

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that with the rest of the team! Still waiting for the official answer from the team

Got a response from the team:

Unfortunately this is not currently possible. Though, a really cool idea we can consider. We’ve seen customers use user or app_metadata to write flags for actions later in the flow but that isn’t the best solution. Without knowing more about your usecase we are wondering if it would be possible to combine them into a single action for now where the push notification to Kafka happens in an error handling block?

2 Likes