Token length and guest logins

I have a scenario where my company has existing functionality and I’m wondering if Auth0 has any way for us to replicate that functionality.

What we are currently doing is generating a relatively short token that can be printed on a physical piece of paper and manually typed in on our platform to login. The login, however, isn’t a real login. It is a limited guest session that can only be used for specific tasks like making a payment.

So my questions are

1. Is there any any functionality in Auth0 to issue a short token that can be used to login?
  2. We don’t necessarily need the account being logged into to be a guest account - what we are looking for is a way to allow someone access to the platform for a limited period and with a very limited scope. Is there a corresponding type of functionality available in Auth0?

Hi @Pixelworlds,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Yes! Auth0 can issue short-lived access tokens used to log in. Once the access token has expired, it will be invalid for future use.

I recommend checking out the resources below to learn more:

Yes, there is! For this to work, the user must log in to get issued a short-lived access token. In the login request, you can specify API scopes, which defines the permissions the user has access to.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.