We use Auth0 from October 2016. We have attached our application to your system that uses legacy grant_types (http://auth0.com/oauth/legacy/grant-type/ro). For newly created clients, I found a patch (https://auth0.com/docs/clients/client-grant-types#enable-a-legacy-grant-type). Everything works reliably as before. We are creating 5-10 new clients every month.
- My question is how long will a legacy grant_types be maintained?
- Or, in other words, should we reprogram our application and did not use the legacy grant_types?
- Do you have an estimate of how long a legacy grant_types will exist?
- Do you have alternative options for authorization by name / password (similar to ‘http://auth0.com/oauth/legacy/grant-type/ro’)?
- Is there any reason not to use legacy grant_types?