Subject: Issue with Multiple User Accounts Created for Same Email

Subject: Issue with Multiple User Accounts Created for Same Email

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I’ve encountered while utilizing Auth0’s services for passwordless sign-up and social login, specifically with Google.

The problem I’m facing revolves around the creation of multiple user accounts for the same email address. Despite my efforts to find a solution independently, I have been unable to ensure that only a single account is created for a particular email.

I’ve thoroughly investigated the documentation and available resources, attempting various configurations to resolve this matter. However, the current setup still results in the creation of distinct user accounts, even when using the same email for passwordless sign-up and social login through Google.

As this situation significantly impacts the user experience and data consistency within our application, I kindly request your guidance and support in resolving this issue. I am eager to ensure that our users’ accounts are seamlessly managed and that a single user account is associated with a unique email address, irrespective of the authentication method used.

I would greatly appreciate any specific instructions, best practices, or guidance that Auth0 can provide to address this challenge effectively. Additionally, if there are any updates, features, or configurations that I might have overlooked which could assist in achieving a single user account for the same email across authentication methods, please do advise.

Your prompt attention and assistance in resolving this matter are highly appreciated. I am looking forward to your guidance and solution to streamline this aspect of our application’s authentication process.

Hi @raman1,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you are having an issue with multiple user account for the same email.

Have you looked into User Account Linking?

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.