Social Identity Login Button React Native

Modern apps nowadays have their own buttons for social logins. I don’t want to use the ‘webAuth’ feature, but instead just create buttons like you can see in the picture down below. Is this possible with the auth0 react native plugin?

Hi @Chris154,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you have questions about using Social Login on your React Native app.

First, could you please clarify if you’re using the Universal Login, similar to the screenshot you shared?

If so, please take a look at Auth0 Marketplace: Social Connections for the list of Social Identity providers supported. After integrating them onto your dashboard and enabling them for your applications, you’ll have Social connection support.

Please let me know if you have any questions or require further clarification.

Thank you.

Hey Rueben Tiow,

Thank you for your reply. I am indeed using the Universal Login, except that’s exactly what I do not want. Universal Login takes you to the auth website and there you can pick your authentication service, though I want those authentication services to be inside the app (so no browser pop up, and a button for each service).

Is this possible with Auth0 or do I need to use another library?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Chris154,

Thank you for your response.

First, if you are using the Universal Login, you can accomplish something like the following:

Now, if you plan on abstracting the Social Login feature into your app, then you will need to specify the connection parameter for each social connection button you implement.

For example:

https://YOUR_DOMAIN/authorize?
    response_type=code&
    client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID&
    redirect_uri=https://YOUR_APP/callback&
    scope=SCOPE&
    audience=API_AUDIENCE&
    connection=YOUR_CONNECTION&
    state=STATE

Doing so will redirect your users to the correct Social connection to log in.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.