Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Silent Authentication generates two log entries

I’ve got silent authentication working, but when I check the logs in the admin panel I see two entries for every successful silent login, and similarly two log entries for every failed silent login. On my end I’ve looked and can only see one call being made. Is this expected, or am I doing something wrong?

Hello @donkey,

Welcome to the Community! I just had a look at my prod tenant logs. I am not seeing duplicate ssa and fsa log entries. Do the duplicates have the same log ID? Can you post a some sanitized examples?

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. Here are two raw log entries I just generated with a failed silent auth after an explicit logout:

{
  "date": "2019-06-11T00:44:47.729Z",
  "type": "fsa",
  "description": "Login required",
  "client_id": "N5TP----------------------------",
  "client_name": "----------",
  "ip": "66.183.14.61",
  "user_agent": "Chrome 74.0.3729 / Linux 0.0.0",
  "details": {
    "body": {},
    "qs": {
      "client_id": "N5TP----------------------------",
      "response_type": "token id_token",
      "redirect_uri": "http://localhost:3449/",
      "scope": "openid profile email",
      "audience": "api.----------.com",
      "state": "PSXmBkU_oVHeVSp49B-NspRQmOSRCXYT",
      "nonce": "S7wulG2P1QkayvIirbdPEJj0qQCj4_h7",
      "response_mode": "web_message",
      "prompt": "none",
      "auth0Client": "eyJuYW1lIjoibG9jay5qcyIsInZlcnNpb24iOiIxMS4xNi4yIiwiZW52Ijp7ImF1dGgwLmpzIjoiOS4xMC40IiwiYXV0aDAuanMtdWxwIjoiOS4xMC40In19"
    },
    "connection": null,
    "error": {
      "message": "Login required",
      "oauthError": "login_required",
      "type": "oauth-authorization"
    }
  },
  "hostname": "n00b.auth0.com",
  "audience": "api.----------.com",
  "scope": [
    "openid",
    "profile",
    "email"
  ],
  "auth0_client": {
    "name": "lock.js",
    "version": "11.16.2",
    "env": {
      "auth0.js": "9.10.4",
      "auth0.js-ulp": "9.10.4"
    }
  },
  "log_id": "90020190611004447729179415372054971062576247047194673266",
  "_id": "90020190611004447729179415372054971062576247047194673266",
  "isMobile": false
}
{
  "date": "2019-06-11T00:44:47.621Z",
  "type": "fsa",
  "description": "Login required",
  "client_id": "N5TP----------------------------",
  "client_name": "----------",
  "ip": "66.183.14.61",
  "user_agent": "Chrome 74.0.3729 / Linux 0.0.0",
  "details": {
    "body": {},
    "qs": {
      "client_id": "N5TP----------------------------",
      "response_type": "token",
      "redirect_uri": "http://localhost:3449/",
      "scope": "openid profile email",
      "audience": "api.----------.com",
      "auth": {
        "audience": "api.----------.com"
      },
      "response_mode": "web_message",
      "state": "BaCFK5njqBs.wuIsTcNVrmvpMGK2hiKt",
      "prompt": "none",
      "auth0Client": "eyJuYW1lIjoibG9jay5qcyIsInZlcnNpb24iOiIxMS4xNi4yIiwiZW52Ijp7ImF1dGgwLmpzIjoiOS4xMC40In19"
    },
    "connection": null,
    "error": {
      "message": "Login required",
      "oauthError": "login_required",
      "type": "oauth-authorization"
    }
  },
  "hostname": "n00b.auth0.com",
  "audience": "api.----------.com",
  "scope": [
    "openid",
    "profile",
    "email"
  ],
  "auth0_client": {
    "name": "lock.js",
    "version": "11.16.2",
    "env": {
      "auth0.js": "9.10.4"
    }
  },
  "log_id": "90020190611004447621911737474825056809670765900201984114",
  "_id": "90020190611004447621911737474825056809670765900201984114",
  "isMobile": false
}

After some more tracing through my code I found that the bug was in my client event framework. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your attention.

1 Like

No worries! Glad you were able to figure this out!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.