Signup with username & social connections

I´m still confused :frowning:

Do I set the state or does it come from Auth0?
Does this have anything to do with the appState we discussed earlier?

There are two states involved in the scenario, Auth0 will return the state you originally passed, back to you at the end of the Authentication Process. The state in question is passed from Auth0 to ensure that its your app which is redirecting back to /continue endpoint.

Here is a flow that demonstartes this

1. You use Lock and pass it state “qwerty”.
  2. Redirect rules kick in and Auth0 redirects the user to your app where the form needs to be filled say http://localhost:16564/api/v1/users/register?token=xxxx&state=foobar
  3. You should redirect the user to the continue endpoint with state=foobar.
  4. Auth0 redirects the user back to the original application with authenticated token and state = qwerty.
1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

Is there a way of redirecting to the same domain that triggered the sign-in? I mean not to hardcode the path?

@Abhishek_Hingnikar

I am thinking of taking your approach and always creating a database user and link the social connections to that. But I have a problem with the …auth0.com/continue. I create the user and link social like in the example you gave me but when I redirect to /continue it gives me the following error. I´m thinking it is trying to get the social user but fails to retrieve it because it is now linked to a database user. But it successfully created the user and I can now login with the social but I really want to use /continue to login the user automatically the first time.

invalid_request: User does not exist

LOG:
Type: Failed Login
Description: User does not exist
Connection: facebook
Application: N/A (xxx)
User: -

Can you capture and send a HAR file of the failing transaction? The specifics on how to capture a HAR file are at https://auth0.com/docs/har.

Sent you the har file in private message

I have the same requirements. Since then however there is hooks. I’m wondering if you could make an update for how that would work with hooks.

I most definitely agree, unique username is just a common requirement. At least there should be a tutorial on how to set it up, like the other things.