Seeing Universal form updates/changes

We have been updating our email verification result forms (Customize New Universal Login Text Prompts) and are wondering if there is a way to see how the actual form is laying out without having to go through and verify an email?

Yes we can use a GET request to validate the text we changed, but can’t really see how it looks in reality. Any way to see these forms/pages without actually going through the processes?

Thank you.

Hi @brett2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to visualize the email aside from looking at the email itself.

I understand that this may be inconvenient for testing. In this case, it may be worth creating a Feedback request asking for support for an interface to display the email body.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

The are not emails, they are web pages which are being updated through the Auth0 api. As detailed here: Customize New Universal Login Text Prompts

Hi @brett2,

Thank you for your clarification.

There is the option to use the Auth0 CLI to open a browser window to preview your page templates.

Could you please give it a try and see if that works for you?

See here to learn more.

Thank you.

Thank you for the response. Funny, I haven’t used the CLI as of yet. I set it up this morning and followed the link you provided. Though it appears I can setup the templates for login screens, I don’t see a way to view the email verification page itself.

Hi @brett2,

Thank you for your reply.

I am observing similar results as you, where the Page Templates do not have the option to view the Email Verification Page.

With that, I am going to reach out to our Engineers to confirm if this is expected.

Thank you.

Hi, it’s been a little while, what have you discovered from the engineers @rueben.tiow ?

1 Like

HI @brett2,

Thank you for your response.

I have just followed up with our Engineers and unfortunately found that we do not support the ability to preview the Email Verification prompt. Therefore, your current workflow to view these changes on the Email Verification prompt is the best approach for now.

Additionally, they have informed me that they have backlogged this request to look into adding more prompts to the auth0-cli in the future, but there is not an exact timeline.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing you.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.