Customise email verification default landing page - classic universal log in

Is there any way to change the default text on this page to give the user more instructions on continuing?
I am not a developer but have access to my Auth0 dashboard

Hi @ian5,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Yes, you can change the text with the Customize New Universal Login Text Prompts API.

Doing this will require a bit of code, but I can help you with that. If you share your desired text I can write up a script for you. Otherwise finding a developer at your company might be helpful for this task. :smiley:

Hi @dan.woda

Thanks so much for the offer, and that would be amazing if you were able to write the script for this.

I’m looking to keep the large “Email Verification” text, but change the text under it, to say

“Your email was verified. Head back to the original browser window that you signed up through to log in”

Can you please share a screenshot of the prompt you are looking at? Maybe with some annotations?

This is what I’m thinking of changing (left is the default… what it is currently) the right is what I’m looking for

Just to update the grey text under the email verification header, if this is possible?

Hi @ian5,

I was able to dig into this a bit more, and it doesn’t appear possible to update this text (one of the very few pieces of text you can’t customize, in fact).

Most of our customers choose to redirect their users back to the application, bypassing this page entirely, which explains why it isn’t seen by most users.

Have you considered redirect back to your application automatically?

You can do that here:

Thanks Dan, the way we’ve built this, it’s not yet possible, but will go back to the developers to see if it can happen.
thanks for looking into this, really appreciate it

1 Like