SAML: Receive POST with SAMLResponse

We use Auth0 as SAML SP and Okta as IdP. We’ve managed to launch our application from Okta’s dashboard (IdP initiated SSO).

However, we’d also like to initiate SSO from our web app. The issue we’re having is that once Okta authenticates the user and sends the SAMLResponse to Auth0, Auth0 then redirects the browser to our callback url with an access token. This is different to what happens when launching the app from Okta, where our web app receives a POST with the SAMLResponse.

Is there any way to emulate that workflow while initiating SSO on our end?

2 Likes

I faced the same exact problem. Have you had a chance to find an answer, @sauronnikko?

If not emulating, I’m wondering how to finish the authentication having the SAMLResponse payload. I tried sending a POST request (from my callback) to https://DOMAIN_NAME.auth0.com/login/callback providing the SAMLResponse as a payload - but kept getting a “invalid_request” response.

1 Like

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?