REST Architecture - Part 1: Building The API

Learn how to build client-server systems by applying the REST architecture principles. Part 1 shows how to build a true RESTful API by using Node.js and Express.js.

Read on :hammer_and_wrench:

Brought to you by @andrea.chiarelli :man_technologist:t2:

Hi there,
Feel free to share your thoughts about the article!

2 Likes

I love this Blog post, Thank you. Just to let you know I ran in to some problems after starting this from scratch.

package-lock.json 7 vulnerabilities from the git clone -b starting-point

My fix was to remove packages and package-lock.json and run the install and then having to npm audit fix --force

After doing this I ran in toโ€ฆ

E:\AUTH-BLOG-Daskboard-Project\auth0-restful-dashboard\auth0-restful-management-api\Auth0Manager.js:102
            .getClients()
             ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'getClients' of undefined

Any thoughts?

Tagging you @andrea.chiarelli for visibility

Hey @DigitalWolfCa, thank you for reporting this issue.
I will investigate and come back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @DigitalWolfCa,
I applied the audit fix to my local copy of the project, but Iโ€™m not able to reproduce your issue. Of course, Iโ€™m assuming you followed the steps indicated in the article after cloning the starting-point branch.
Can you provide more details about your issue or even better, can you share your code to take a look at it?
Also, have you tried to run the final version of the project downloaded from our GitHub repository?

This topic was automatically closed 27 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.