Request User Authorization for procedure

Hello everyone! I’m new to Auth0 and I was hoping you could give me some tips!

I’m working on an application (Xamarin Forms) right now that, at some point, needs to send a confirmation link to an email typed by the user, and, only when the email’s recipient clicks on the link, the application can continue to the next page. I’m kind of lost trying to find out which one of Auth0 tools I should take a look in order to do this.

Could any of you give me some tips? Thanks in advance!

Hi @aequilux,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you’re looking to send an email to a user at some point in the authentication flow.

In this case, have you taken a look at Auth0 Actions?

When using Actions, you’ll be able to decide when in the authentication flow (signup or login) to execute custom logic such as what you’ve described. Our Explore Flows and Triggers goes into further detail into each flow used in an Action.

Alternatively, you might also find the Verify Emails using Auth0 to also accomplish similar results.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Hello @rueben.tiow,

Yes, it’s basically an app made for sales. The seller (which is the user), needs the client’s email in order to collect an authorization (in order to comply with data protection laws, since he’ll collect the client’s data) to go to the next page, and move on with the sale. The client will receive an email with the privacy terms, and will click on a link so the seller can go on. I’ll take a look at the links that you sent, thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.