Request token/ticket for auth0-guardian JS library configuration

Hi,

I am trying to implement the MFA enrollment/authentication workflow in my React application. I am using the auth0-guardian JS library for this. I have not used this library before, so I was following the documentation given in the README.md file of the github page of this library here: GitHub - auth0/auth0-guardian.js: Client library for Auth0 Guardian. I have used the latest version available from npm.

When setting up the guardian configuration, I have entered all of the details, except for the requestToken. I am not sure what should I pass here. The document says requestToken or ticket.

Below the configuration code, it says “Use of requestToken or ticket depends on the authentication method. Ticket corresponds to a previously generated enrollment ticket.” This does not really help much.

The MFA authentication method I plan to use is SMS and no other. So, please tell me what value needs to be passed here and how do I get it. I have scoured the documentation, but I was unable to find anything substantial on this matter.

Please help. I am new.

Hey there!

Can I ask you to raise this as a GitHub issue in the repo you mentioned so we can work on that directly with the repo maintainers? This way we’ll be able to solve it most effectively. Make sure to share the link to the issue with us. Thank you!

Hi,

I see that there is already an issue for this in github. But it has been open since 2018.

https://github.com/auth0/auth0-guardian.js/issues/46

This is a very critical functionality for us and therefore a quick resolution would be incredibly helpful.

Got it. Let me ping repo maintainers about that!

1 Like

Could you ping a little bit harder the repo maintainers? The issue on github is not answered yet.

Sure, always! Doing it right now!

1 Like

Hi Konrad. Any news?

This question is related too. Enroll SMS guardian device through API - #2 by ricardo.batista

It would help a lot if we could get an answer asap. Thanks.

Unfortunately not. I guess the reason is pretty much priority. That team has more features where there is a more significant number of people advocating for that features so it’s prioritized higher. The best thing I can do here is to advocate for that and that’s what I’m doing