Refresh Management API Token

I am totally lost on how to refresh my management API token as whenever it expires I receive this error: “Error: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url:” whenever I attempt to read my user roles. Also, would this management API handling happen within on action or within my application code?

Hi @crimsonartpanda,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

If you need to get refresh your Management API token, I recommend performing the client credentials grant flow to obtain an access token. See Get Management API Access Tokens for Production.

Additionally, there is a good explanation about this in a related post as well:

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

Thank you so much for the reply! I am currently using the " Example: Python implementation" and it seems to be using client credentials as the grant type, grabbing the access token with a post request, and then accessing another endpoint with a get request. If I understand correctly, does this required grabbing of the access token almost work like a refresh in a way, protecting against API expiration?

Hi @crimsonartpanda,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it does. Essentially, this flow calls for a new access token with a fresh expiration.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.