I have a React Native app which is deployed to both iOS and Android. I’m using the “Universal Login” Classic UI for signing in. There has been very little customisation to the login screen, just a few colours etc.
On iOS, everything works as expected: the user clicks Sign In, they’re presented with the screen in an embedded browser, they sign in, the browser closes and the flow continues within the app.
However on the Android device (Samsung Galaxy S7), after they’ve entered their details and pressed “Sign In”, the button becomes disabled, turns grey and has a spinner image rotating. And it just stays there indefinitely.
I’ve checked the logs and there’s a
Success Login recorded. I’ve checked the callback URL and that seems fine. I’m not seeing any errors, the page just seems to get stuck.
Does anyone have any ideas about what might be going wrong?
Sorry for such a delayed response! We’re doing our best in providing you with the best developer support experience out there but sometimes our bandwidth is just not enough for all the questions coming in. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Can you let us know if you still require further assistance from us?
Yes, I’m still struggling with this issue so any pointers would be appreciated.
Got it! Let me look into it and get back to you shortly!
I’m very sorry to have wasted your time but I managed to work it out and it was my fault.
I have 2 tenants, one for testing and another for production. It turns out the
AndroidManifest.xml was hardcoded with the testing tenant host within the
android:host property and I was trying to authenticate with the production tenant
I have the correct value configured in a
.env variable called
AuthBaseUrl (and I use react-native-config) so I changed the value within AndroidManifest.xml to
@string/AuthBaseUrl and that fixed it.
Also the error I was getting in the console was “Navigation is unreachable”, I’m just adding that in case someone else searches for it in future.
Sorry if you’ve wasted any time looking into it and if so, thanks anyway.
No problem Thanks for sharing it with the rest of community!