Prefill with Classic Universal Login?

Hi there,

Our goal is to prefill e-mail address for signups/logins in certain cases.
Based on a number of community answers/docs we’ve added the following code to our Angular code:
this.auth0.authorize({ our_url: window.location.origin, login_hint: email ? email : '' }); (focus being on login_hint this time).

It works without a problem in our dev tenant when using Classic Universal Login with a login page that is customized but is 99% the default Lock template (which puts login_hint to config.extraParams and constructs lock with prefill already set if present by default).

The problem we’ve run into is the following:
On production, we have a Classic Univeral Login page, but it is not customized (and we’d prefer to keep it that way for ease of maintenance). I’d expected that the uncustomized login page would be very similar to the default Lock template but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
It loads data into authParams (including login_hint) and sets lock.auth.params to authParams but that does not set prefill to login_hint.

My question is the following: Can we still pass login_hint to the Classic Universal Login page without customizing it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @tkav,

Welcome to the Community!

I don’t think you will be able to do this without using the customization feature of Classic UL. It sounds like you have already seen this topic.

Hope that answers your questions,
Dan

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I have seen that topic. It’s part of the reason I expected non-customized feature of Classic UL would pick up login_hint.
I have an ongoing ticket on this topic, and I’ll let you all know if turns out there is a built-in solution for that but I don’t have high hopes since you work at Auth0 so you’d know if there were one :frowning: .

Thanks!

1 Like

Update: Something apparently changed on Auth0’s side since this now works without any changes on our side. I’m closing the topic as this is no longer an issue.

Thank you to the person that made it happen!

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.