Post registration flow doesn't send a post request

Hello. I`m trying to send my server a post request every time a new user is created. So I have a post registration action flow set up like this:

and it’s code is very simple. but it doesn’t seem to work.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you

Hi @moonwizio,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you’ve not been able to get your Post-Registration Action script to work with a post request.

In this case, could you please try using the built-in Actions debugger interface to see what error you are getting?

The debugger interface is located on the left column with the Play icon:

After that, could you please share with me the error you find?

Thank you.

Sorry for the late response, there is no Error. When I press play I do get the call to execute. But whenever a new user is created, it is not happening.

Hi @moonwizio,

Thank you for your response.

Firstly, I noticed that your axios.post request is not sending any data.

In this case, could you try sending some data in your request with the following syntax:

axios.post("URL", { Data Object } )

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thank you.

Hello. I added an empty data object with the request but it did not help. I noticed that it does work when i`m creating a user via email. but not working when creating a user via facebook or google

1 Like

Hi @moonwizio,

Thank you for your reply.

This is very informative because the Post-User Registration Action does not work with SSOs like Facebook and Google. The Post-User Registration Action only works with Database and Passwordless connections.

Please look at this community topic if you have a moment, for further explanation.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

So is there any way for me to know when a new user was created in auth0 via SSO?

2 Likes

Hi @moonwizio,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes! To do so, you can use the Management API v2 Get a user endpoint and search for the created_at attribute.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

1 Like