Per-customer customization of the universal login form

We are thinking of using several apps (as in Auth0 apps), or if possible, several slightly different deployments of the same app (each deployment having different URL:s) to allow some customer-specific use cases and customizations.

Some customizations would be handled in the actual app, but we would also like to customize some elements of the login form depending on which app/URL is used (or some other means). For example, we want to replace our logo with the customers logo.

What is the recommended approach to do this? Can we use the new universal login experience (it does have some customization capabilities, right?)?

Hi @marcusb,

Are you talking about a multi tenant scenario?

Hi @dan.woda,

Yes, I think that could be the case. Either of the following two points from the article seems to apply.

• Identify different tenants by application
  • Store tenant details in app_metadata

Each application/tenant should have the same users and access the same API (with some extra checks in the API depending on application/tenant). I don’t think we can use multiple Auth0 tenants for this, but I guess multiple Auth0 applications could work.

You want to customize for a group of customers, right? Not for each individual customer?

Yes, that would be group of customers.

We have implemented support for organizations (i.e. one customer, several users) and individual users as customers. Currently, we have one application for both organizations and individual users, and that will still be the case.

What we essentially want is to offer a couple of alternative applications with different styling and content (including the login form) for specific groups of organizations. Members of those organizations are allowed to log in to one of the alternative applications (depending on which one their organization is authorized to use) in addition to our main application.

I cannot go into too much detail, but does this make sense to you?

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response.

You can customize based on the client ID (this is the ID of the application). This thread has some discussion about it:

1 Like

Thanks! I think that’s the way to go.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like