Passwordless user creation from the dashboard

Hi,

I have created a passwordless email connection. In the bottom of the settings page there is an ability to disable sign ups. Beneath it, it says that when disabled it should still be possible to create users either with your API credentials or from the dashboard. By dashboard I understand that as it should be possible for me to go to User & Roles → Users and click create user to create a user. If I do this, there is no option for me to select the passwordless email connection (I only see my database connections there).

What is going on here? Am I misunderstanding what you mean by dashboard?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Kasper Kronborg

I have same/similar question - basically, I want to setup a user (ie, precreate) with their permissions (authorizations) and have their passwordless sign-in auto-link by email address… don’t see how I can do this.

Hey there @kasper and @rob.fox. We are currently looking into this and will relay what we find! Thank you for your patience.

@kasper & @rob.fox,

In the mean time, you should be able to create new users and manage their roles via the Management API.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for letting us know, but we were already aware of that. Our use case on the other hand, is a client that wants to present their mobile application in an early stage at a conference and they want to be able to control the access of who gets access to the mobile application. We recommended them to use Auth0, because of the fact that they are not super tech savvy, and you guys had promised the ability to create the users through the lovely dashboard of yours. Meaning we would not have to spend a lot of time and our clients money on building another dashboard for them around the Management API.

Hi @kasper,

Thank you for your patience on this. I can confirm it is a bug/misstatement and I have alerted the relevant team. I’ll be sure to update you when I have any information I can share regarding a solution.

Best,
Dan

Hi @dan.woda,

Sounds good, looking forward to hear from you.

+1 I would also like to hear about a resolution to this, as I have a similar use case.

1 Like