Password strength options when using multiple database connections

Hi all,

I’ve been reading over the documentation a bit to see if this is possible.

I have two database connections, for two groups of users with different password strength and reuse requirements. I have modified the lock to use connectionResolver to select the appropriate database for new accounts, and that part works fine.

The account sign-up via universal login (classic) uses the stronger password strength requirements for new accounts. I can’t figure out how to have it use the weaker password strength requirements for those accounts going into the database connection with weaker requirements.

Is this possible? Is there any way to have the universal login lock change the password strength requirements in the javascript?

thanks!

Hi @stevehav,

Welcome to the Community!

You can set password strength requirements on a per-connection basis if you go to the connection settings and navigate to the password policy tab.

Hope this helps!
Dan

Hi Dan,

I’ve already set the password strength requirements to be different for each connection, but the universal login seems to default to the stronger requirements, for users signing up for new accounts, when you have multiple database connections.

Is there a way to instruct the universal login to change requirements on the fly? I’m pretty comfortable editing the javascript in the universal login page, just not sure whether it’s even possible to change the password strength test through javascript.

thanks!

I just set up 2 applications with one connection for each application, and the password policy is working correctly per connection.

I have a few questions:

• Are you using 2 connections with 1 application?
  • If so, how are you telling UL which connection the user is signing up for?
  • Are you using New UL or Classic UL?
  • Can you test and make sure the signed up user is being made in the correct connection? (e.g. create a user that is getting the stronger pw warning and then confirm that user is created in the weak pw connection.)
  • Please DM me your tenant name in the mean time.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.