Password reset over phone/text?

Hello!

We were intrigued by the addition of phone number as a login identifier. Flexible Identifiers and Attributes.

My question: Can we expect the password reset flow, which currently seems to rely on email, to also be doable over phone/text? We have some users that don’t have personal emails and so accomplishing password resets over phone would be a better option.

Thanks for your help!

Hello @ben.zoon !

As far as I can see, that is correct; phone_nember can be turned on as an identifier also without the accompanying email identifier for the database connection; so the user can use their phone number to reset the password. :slight_smile:

I went through a test user login flow with the above setting, and after clicking “Forgot password?” on one of the New Universal Login screens, I can see Auth0 asks this question in the next screen:

To receive a call or SMS with the 6-digit password reset code, one needs to have a phone provider configured in their Auth0 tenant. I do not have it, so I can’t complete the flow, but if you have it configured, you should be able to go through the entire flow.

Do you have any other questions about the phone number identifier?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.