Password login via OIDC-conformant clients with externally-hosted login pages is unsupported bookmark issues

Hello,

I have a Vue SaaS, with a Universal Login page. We have a couple hundred users, and a small handful of users will report receiving the following error after logging in.

Password login via OIDC-conformant clients with externally-hosted login pages is unsupported. Alternatively, login could have been initiated from the wrong place (e.g., a bookmark)

These users are exclusively on mobile safari. I’ve tried recreating this issue and not having much luck. I do think this issue could stem from users bookmarking the login page. We’ve told some users to not bookmark the login page, and that does seem to resolve some issues but not all.

I’ve found a few forms on this exact topic from a few years ago.

These forms are locked, and never did find a good solution. I’m curious if there has been any developments on this issue, and how we can get rid of this error for all users?

Hello @shanefromfargo,

Thank you for your patience. You should be able to use the Application Login URI field in the Application Settings (Application Settings) to avoid this error. Auth0 would need your application to redirect to your application’s login page.

Please give this a try and let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Thanks Katrina for helping on this front!