Password change ticket does not send an email

Hi all,

I am trying to create an invitation setup for users according to this guide: Send Email Invitations for Application Signup

I was able to setup everything and I am able to create a user and a password change ticket with the management API, but unfortunately the password change email will never be sent (verification emails are working, using AWS SES). I am receiving a working ticket url response from the /api/v2/tickets/password-change call. All logs are successful, no errors so far…

Using Universal Login to reset my password works as well without any issues…

Is there any additional setup required to allow Auth0 to send a password change email directly via management API in this case?

Thanks a lot,
Yannik

I just realised that this endpoint is not here to automatically send emails according to this post.

It is kinda confusing since the url Change Users' Passwords referenced in the docs of Auth0 Management API v2 says something like Regardless of how the password reset process was triggered, the user receives email containing a link to reset their password.

Anyway, I will send my email myself in that case, but it might help someone having the same “issue” that I had :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that with the rest of the crew!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.