Auth0 Invite User

I’m following Send Email Invitations for Application Signup

And I have successfully created the user via management API and created change password ticket.

But now I need to send the email to the user created. Reading through the docs I get the impression that it’ll be sent by Auth0 automatically, using email template in change password.
But it did not.
Reading some community posts such as Password change ticket does not send an email I get the impression that I won’t be able to use api/v2/tickets/password-change but actually I need to use /dbconnections/change_password , is this the correct flow?

Hello Eemil,

Yes, you are correct. If you want Auth0 to send out the password reset email, you will need to use the Authentication API and the /dbconnections/change_password endpoint.

Alternatively, you can continue using the Management API’s /api/v2/tickets/password-change endpoint. However, in this case, the API call will return a Password Reset Ticket that you will need to deliver to your user yourself, e.g. using your backend and a 3rd party Email Delivery Service like Sendgrid.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.