Pass authorization params with Express/Passport

I have an Express app that uses Passport with the auth0 strategy. I’m trying to have 2 different endpoints for /login and /signup and would like the initial screen to be different depending on the the route the user accesses. From the docs, I know I have to pass the screen_hint=signup param to the /authorize route but I’m not sure how to do that with passport. I’ve tried adding it when calling passport.authenticate but that doesn’t seem to work. What’s the correct way to pass additional params such as these?

Hi @themadhatter and welcome to the Auth0 Community!! :cowboy_hat_face:

I may be mistaken here but from what you’ve described it sounds like your application is redirecting the user to the hosted login page for user authentication and registration is that correct?

If that’s the case then by default the hosted login page uses Lock, which can be customized or replaced by a totally custom hosted login page. More information on that can be found here:

I’d suggest having a look at that documentation, it may provide the necessary degree of customization needed for your use-case.

Best Regards,
Colin