No Phone? No Problem! Email Mfa Is Here

Auth0’s Email MFA powered by Universal Login is here to help you improve your user’s experience.

Read on :e-mail:

Brought to you by @andrew.akers :man_technologist:t2:

4 Likes

Please let us know how you like this post :slight_smile:

per the article, it says Email MFA is a backup method, and the user still has to enroll with another Primary method. We have some users that are not allowed to bring any cell phones to their office at all (office restrictions for personal medical records access, etc)

Is there a way or a future commit on your roadmap to allow Email as a primary method for MFA?

3 Likes

Welcome to our community :wave:

Thank you for your question. Let me bring up it up to Andrew, the author and Auth0 Product Marketing Manager.

Hi @jspriggs,

It’s something we want to do eventually, but we haven’t prioritized working on it yet, so we don’t have an estimated date.

Depending on your scenario we might have an alternative. I’ll email you directly.

Regards,

Andres

3 Likes

Hi,
is email MFA available to Dev Pro subscribers? or enterprise plan subscribers only?
and it Authenticator app the only MFA method available to Dev/Dev Pro subscribers?

thanks

Hey there!

Checked our pricing plan: Pricing - Auth0

In terms of MFA:

• Dev Pro
    • Pro MFA

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 14.22.22

• Enterprise
    • Enterprise MFA

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 14.23.19

can Enterprise MFA add-on be added to Dev Pro plan?

I think it’s more a question for our sales team that you can reach out via a message here: https://support.auth0.com/ (down the site it is)

Hello, any updates about e-mail as an unique MFA?

Hey there Alessandro!

Can you share more context around your question?

For sure! I want using e-mail as a primary (or unique) method for MFA, without SMS ou App.

1 Like

Hey there @alerp!

There weren’t that many people advocating for that and as of now there is no ETA when this will get implemented.

1 Like

Hi @andres.aguiar

We are also interested in a similar flow, where users first login using their email + password, then are required to pass the MFA challenge using email.

Can you please provide me with a guide on how to achieve that?

Many thanks,

Gal