Nextcloud SAML Username Mapping Rule

I am in the process of setting up a SAML interaction with Auth0 and a self-serve Nextcloud server. The connection has been established using a Single Page Application and using Nextcloud’s SSO/SAML application. The only issue is that when NextCloud creates the user, the username created and looked up by is the user_id variable of the Auth0 user. Is there a rule for this application that I can create that will allow this to map the variable to the Auth0’s user’s nickname variable instead?

Resource I used for mapping the environment: Nextcloud Single-Sign-On with Auth0 | by Mathias Conradt | Medium

Hey @anthonyz, Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

You could always customize the SAML assertions if Auth0 is the IDP , please find information below:

Regards,
Sid

1 Like

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Rules - Hooks - Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.