Newbie having difficulties with implementing Auth0 on React

Hello, firstly I’d like to apologize for the absolute newbie question that I am going to propose. Thing is that I am still young in the coding space and am trying to learn how to use Auth0.

So my question is, how do I change the authentication so that the signup button does not show? I did my research and found this page which tells me exactly which option to configure : Lock Configuration Options

However, I have no idea where to change/implement this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @umair.mawani,

Thanks for joining the Community! Not a newbie question at all :slight_smile:

One way to do this would be go to Connections > Database in your dashboard. Click on " Username-Password-Authentication" and toggle on “Disable Sign Ups”

"

Another option is to use the allowSignUp in the lock configurations. To update the lock configurations, go to Universal Login from your dashboard and click on the Login tab. Toggle on “Customize Login Page”

Around line 39 you should see lock initialized

var lock = new Auth0Lock(config.clientID, config.auth0Domain, {

At the bottom of the settings add allowSignUp: false

prefill: loginHint ? { email: loginHint, username: loginHint } : null,
      closable: false,
      defaultADUsernameFromEmailPrefix: false,
      allowSignUp: false // <-- Add this line
    });
1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much Stephanie! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! I’m glad that is what you were looking for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.