New way to go directly to signup from PHP?

Please include the following information in your post:

Which SDK this is regarding: auth0-php
SDK Version: 7.9.2
Platform Version: PHP 8

I’ve been using this line to send a user to the signup and not the login:
$auth0->login(null, null, array( "screen_hint" => "signup" ));

But this has stopped working and sends the user to login regardless. Have anything changed? Are there an alternative way of sending a user to signup?

Hi @john-olav,

Welcome back!

Have you changed your Universal Login (UL) configuration recently? This method (screen_hint) only works with New UL, and will not work if you have customized the login page, turning on Classic UL.

If you can confirm you are using New UL, can you please also inspect the request and confirm that the screen_hint param is making it as part of the request?

I temporarily switched to Classic UL to see of that helped. But it didn’t.

I can confirm that I have Unversal Login and that screen_hint is part of the request. Still goes to login and not signup.

To clarify, the screen_hint parameter is not expected to work with Classic UL. I am trying to confirm that you are using New Universal Login. Can you please post a screen shot of your login page?

Ah, you’re right - I had " Customize Login Page" enabled, which blocked the universal login. Now it’s working.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.