New Universal Login - Update your password

Dear community,

My use case: I want to bulk import users (using Auth0 Management API v2) and for all imported users, I want a message to appear at first login, that they should reset their password. Following the hint here (Unsupported password hash algorithm during bulk user import job - #5 by dan.woda) I therefore import all users with an incorrect password hash.

Then I discovered different behaviour for the Classic Universal Login and the New Universal Login:

Using Classic Univseral Login

• Login with a non-existing user: error message is ‘Wrong email or password’
  • Login with an bulk imported user with a incorrect hash : error message is ‘YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD BECAUSE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE LOGGING IN, OR BECAUSE YOUR PASSWORD HAS EXPIRED.’
    This behaviour is exactly as desired :slight_smile:

Using New Universal Login

• Login with a non-existing user: error message is ‘Wrong email or password’
  • Login with an bulk imported user with a incorrect hash : error message is ‘Wrong email or password’
    And this behaviour is undesired :frowning:

I would like to use the New UL ánd to have the New UL to show me the imho correct error message as the Classic UL did.

Does anybody have any ideas how to achieve this? Or is this a feature still in development for the New UL?

Thanks for the help!

Hi @derwald,

I responded to your DM, and I’ll put the answer here for future users:

This behavior is specific to Classic UL and sadly, I don’t currently have a workaround for New UL.

It would be helpful to create a Feature Request for this too.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.