Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Navigation to website returns 'Unauthorized' rather than redirect to auth0 login page

login
redirect
callback

I think I am having an issue with the callback urls or maybe I’m missing something… I built a gitbook with Auth0 using gitbook-express-auth0-boilerplate.

When I navigate to localhost:4001, it returns ‘Unauthorized’ the only way to login is to navigate directly to localhost:4001/login/callback. I have the same issue from any web domain I have connected and cannot seem to find any good information to fix this issue.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hey there @rjlafazan, I would like to help you over come this challenge. When you get a moment can you send me your tenant and snag me a HAR file during the stated workflow so I can get a deeper look at what may be going on? Thanks in advance!

I was hoping to follow up with you @rjlafazan to see how things are going on snagging that tenant name and HAR file? Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you.

Hey James, I managed to solve this problem. Maybe you can help me with a separate issue though. I am trying to restrict navigation to specific sections of my gitbook to specific users either by assigning roles (preferred) or creating a list of accepted emails manually. Is there an easy way to do this? I have had a difficult time understanding how this is done in auth0.

You can leverage a rule to create a role for a user which sounds like a great fit for what you are trying to accomplish, we actually have a doc on that below with sample code. Please let me know if this ends up helping you in your quest!

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.