Navigation to website returns 'Unauthorized' rather than redirect to auth0 login page

I think I am having an issue with the callback urls or maybe I’m missing something… I built a gitbook with Auth0 using gitbook-express-auth0-boilerplate.

When I navigate to localhost:4001, it returns ‘Unauthorized’ the only way to login is to navigate directly to localhost:4001/login/callback. I have the same issue from any web domain I have connected and cannot seem to find any good information to fix this issue.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hey there @rjlafazan, I would like to help you over come this challenge. When you get a moment can you send me your tenant and snag me a HAR file during the stated workflow so I can get a deeper look at what may be going on? Thanks in advance!

I was hoping to follow up with you @rjlafazan to see how things are going on snagging that tenant name and HAR file? Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you.

Hey James, I managed to solve this problem. Maybe you can help me with a separate issue though. I am trying to restrict navigation to specific sections of my gitbook to specific users either by assigning roles (preferred) or creating a list of accepted emails manually. Is there an easy way to do this? I have had a difficult time understanding how this is done in auth0.

You can leverage a rule to create a role for a user which sounds like a great fit for what you are trying to accomplish, we actually have a doc on that below with sample code. Please let me know if this ends up helping you in your quest!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.