Missing birth date in profile claims

Hi,

I’m trying to get user date of birth that login using facebook or google in my SPA using auth0.js, but in idToken that I got didn’t contain birtdate, information that I got from idToken is

email, email_verified, family_name, picture, gender, locale, clientID, updated_at, user_id, nickname, identities, provider, user_id, connection, isSocial, created_at, iss, sub, aud, iat, exp

scope that I use is

scope: openid email profile

I’ve been try this too

scope: openid email profile birthdate gender hometown name

Is there configuration that I missed ?

Additional notes:

1. User that I’ve used his birthday is public in facebook and google account
  2. I’ve been check request to auth0 server is absolutely right contain scope that I want
  3. already checked this post Facebook attributes
  4. already read this post ID token missing email and profile claims

reference:
https://auth0.com/docs/tokens/id-token#control-the-contents-of-an-id-token

Hey there @detik1!

As you’ve seen the attributes included in the issued ID Token are controlled by the use of a parameter called scope .

• If scope is set to openid , then the ID Token will contain only the iss , sub , aud , exp and iat claims.
  • If scope is set to openid email , then the ID Token will contain additionally the email and email_verified claims.
  • If scope is set to openid profile , then the ID Token will contain all default profile Claims, which are: name , family_name , given_name , middle_name , nickname , preferred_username , profile , picture , website , gender , birthdate , zoneinfo , locale , and updated_at .

You need to use openid profile scope then to get birthdate. If you’re using it you’re not getting that claim?

Thanks for clarifcation!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As of Aug 2019, gender and birthday do not seem to be returned as per https://accounts.google.com/.well-known/openid-configuration when requesting the openid profile scopes.

Similar thread: