Management API Confusing Interface Around Connection Identity

Why does the com.auth0.json.mgmt.users.User object in the Java management API SDK take the connection name instead of it’s ID?

When I use anything else to interface with a connection, I need to pass the ID. Am I breaking my metadata on that user by passing the connection name? I can see the user is successfully created, but I have no idea if it’s hooked up right. I looked at the example for create a user and it LOOKS like it’s taking the connection name.

{
  "user_id": "",
  "connection": "Initial-Connection",
  "email": "john.doe@gmail.com",
  "username": "johndoe",
  "password": "secret",
  "phone_number": "+199999999999999",
  "user_metadata": {},
  "blocked": false,
  "email_verified": false,
  "verify_email": false,
  "phone_verified": false,
  "app_metadata": {}
}

Also could you please expose the connection ID in the connections panel in the Auth0 dashboard? I had to fire up the API in debug mode, give the machine-to-machine connection list:connections permissions, and then ask to get the proper id so I could create a requestPasswordChange(). This is especially confusing given that the name of the connection is used in one place, and the id in another.

Hey there!

Sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes the number of incoming questions is just too big for our bandwidth. Sorry for such inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?