M2M Token limit not being updated in quota utilization

We are currently testing out using auth0 m2m tokens and testing caching to authenticate and authorize our internal application traffic. To do so I created a service in our dev tenant, and an application along with claims. I also wrote up a quick script to request a token a day to be updated. So far I’ve requested over 10 tokens and the m2m quota limit has not been updated. It only says that I’ve used “1”. I’ve also waited for over 48 hours. I understand that token requests for auth0 internal api’s do not count but the audience I am requesting for is my own application.

A sample request as in the starter guide:

access_token=$(curl --request POST \
  --url https://<tenant>.auth0.com/oauth/token \
  --header 'content-type: application/json' \
  --data "{\"client_id\":\"$client_id\",\"client_secret\":\"$client_secret\",\"audience\":\"<my-internal-audience>\",\"grant_type\":\"client_credentials\"}")
  1. Is there a longer expected time for the m2m token quota usage to be updated?
  2. If the application and api both belong to the same tenant, does it not count towards token limits, or is there something else that I am missing (Like auth0 is caching tokens on my behalf)?
  3. Is there a metric I can request to monitor/alarm on for m2m token limit usage?

Thanks!

Hi @abhay,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

In general the M2M Token quota utilization updates every 24 hours. If you do not see any changes within that time window, please open a support ticket on support.auth0.com asking for assistance.

It should count towards your token limits if you request for a new token each time.

I recommend checking the Auth0 Support Page for the most up-to-date information regarding your quota utilization.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.