JWT.decode(id_token) Fails Silently

I have a web client and REST API that I’m trying to secure with JWT. I have the client-side Azure AD interaction working and I am successfully obtaining an id_token and an access_token.

For reasons I don’t yet understand, Azure AD puts the “roles” claim in the id_token and not in the access_token so I am passing both tokens to the server in the header of my https request to my REST services.

I am running a Grizzly + JAX-RS web server application and am trying to implement a ContainerRequestFilter that will validate the user’s role against the REST service they are requesting.

My problem is that in my ContainerRequestFilter I call:

DecodedJWT jwtIdent = JWT.decode(identificationHeader);

and it never returns or the Grizzly thread dies or some other catastrophe occurs but it never gets past this point and there are no discernible exceptions.

Curiously, I have a standalone application that makes exactly the same call and it works perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

The client-side request object is set up as such:

var request = {
            method: 'POST',
            url: url,
            headers: {
                'Content-Type': 'application/json;charset=utf-8',
                'Authorization': "Bearer " + $scope.tokens.accessToken,
                'Identification': $scope.tokens.idToken
            }
        };

I am concerned that the “charset=utf8” may be interacting poorly with the decode call.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there!

Terribly sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is just not enough for all the questions that are coming in. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?