Issuer ID discrepancy

Hello everyone! I have a quick question regarding Auth0’s Issuer id, in the case where Auth0 is a SAML Identity Provider.

After creating an application, and setting up SAML2 in the Addons, the Usage tab tells me that the issuer for my app is “urn:auth0dev-w1ugjarb”. However, when I analyse the SAML Response I get from Auth0 upon logging in, using a tool such as samltool.io, the issuer I find is “urn:dev-w1ugjarb.eu.auth0.com”; similar, but… not the same. To make the integration work in the first place, I had to fix my service configuration to accept the latter id rather than the former.

I am trying to write documentation for users of our service to use Auth0 as an Identity Provider; is there a way for them to find the proper issuer id without having to manually inspect SAML Responses?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?