Is there any way to still connecting with Instagram to get user_basic profile with the new Instagram API?

Hi. I need help because old Instagram Api is no longer submitting apps, and now that Instagram depends on Facebook, I can´t find the correct credentials to connect instagram, and gives me error 400.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello renzomonteleone, welcome to the community! :grinning:

Unfortunately, due to the recent change in the API, there is currently no way to acquire the needed Instagram credentials. This is something we are aware of and want to fix. In the meantime, if you want an Instagram connection, you’ll have to get the credentials from Facebook and create the connection through our custom social extension: Connect Apps to Generic OAuth2 Authorization Servers

1 Like

Let us know if you have any more questions!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just following up to say the Instagram social connection will not be fixed as it exists now, because Instagram is deprecating their API in favor of the Facebook strategy. The key takeaways are:

Instagram has deprecated the social login feature.
You can create a custom connection and request the instagram_basic and manage_pages scopes to allow for Instagram login.
Please note instagram_basic and manage_pages scopes require an App Review from Facebook before going live (but can be tested with no problems if the app is in dev mode).

Thanks a lot for the heads-up Thomas!