Is there a way we can whitelist a cypress e2e client that is being blocked off by recaptcha

We have implemented recaptcha on our custom login pages, whenever we run e2e tests on our app the , Auth0 detects it as a bot which is of course it is but we would want it to complete its integration. Is there any workaround to this?

Hi @aqilusman45,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you would like to work around the Bot Detection Recaptcha feature when testing.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to avoid the Recaptcha triggered by Bot Detection. In this case, I would suggest setting the captcha enforcement to Never during your tests, and then re-enabling after you have finished your tests.

This way, you can avoid the issues related to the Bot Detection when performing E2E tests.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

Basically we are running these tests on production environment, I don’t think we should ever disable the bot detection there, even just for running e2e tests.

1 Like

Hi @aqilusman45,

Thank you for your response.

I understand your concerns about disabling Bot Detection during your tests. However, there is unfortunately, no way to Whitelist applications from Bot Detection.

It may be possible to work around this situation by setting your Bot Detection settings to When Risky instead of Always. But, if Bot Detection still finds your tests risky, then I’m afraid there are no other alternatives except for disabling this feature completely.

I understand this is not the answer you had hoped for, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.