Is Single Sign-On (SSO) available in the free plan?

I want to integrate Single Sign-On (SSO) for my two applications so that logging into one application allows access to the other application (on a different domain) without needing to log in again.

Is it available in free plan?

Hi @subhajit.m , welcome!

Yes. Both websites would have to use the same Auth0-hosted login Page (New Universal Login page).

The two apps would need to use the /authorize endpoint and login with redirect (as a result of calling the /authorize endpoint, users will be redirected to the login page and after providing credentials, redirected back to your app).

If a user is already logged in to one app this way, and attempts to log in to the second app, they will be redirected to the Auth0 login page and then immediately redirected to the app without providing credentials.

One thing to take into consideration is that sso is cookies based so it will be a problem for users using browsers prohibiting third party cookies. Refresh token rotation can be a workaround. One of our community member has shared his set up that works in this scenario.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Actually, to verify, I have built 2 apps(regular app) locally using NextJS.

App 1: http://portal.app1.com:3000
App 2: http://doc.app1.com:3001

(I have modified the hosts file to replicate the real-world scenario. Additionally, I have adjusted the Chrome settings to not block third-party cookies.)

If I log into one app, I am not automatically logged into the second web app. Is there anything wrong with what I am doing?

I have turned on the ‘Enable seamless SSO’ option under the Advanced tab in Tenant Settings. It’s working now. Anyway, thanks for the response! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @subhajit.m !

For other community members visiting this post - in newer tenants, the Seamless SSO feature should be enabled by default.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.