iOS Swift - Remove consent dialog social login with auth0

I am trying to use facebook third-party login with Auth0 in my app. Everytime I am trying to initiate a log in from the app and when I want it to open up the facebook app for login it first displays a dialog asking for user consent:

[App] wants to log in with “auth0.com” This allows the app and website to share information about you

I would like to remove this dialog completely since the user consent page is also displayed in the facebook app when asking for consent. I have the setting in auth0 for “Allow skipping user consent” on for the API in the dashboard.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

That dialog is coming from iOS itself and is associated with this type of authentication flow; according to this issue in a library that enables OIDC/OAuth 2.0 authentication with compliant providers it is currently not possible to bypass that screen when using SFAuthenticationSession (the Auth0 service provides authentication using those protocols also).

@jmangelo can we change this message.

I don’t think so; it’s a system dialog and non-configurable based on what I know.

im seeing the same message in my app.
ive copied the code exactly from one of the iOS samples (03-User-Sessions)
and can confirm that this message does not show up in the sample project.
so it must be setting somewhere…

2 Likes

To add more context on this

The dialog is shown when ASWebAuthenticationSession (or the older SFAuthenticationSession Apple Developer Documentation) is invoked, its an apple enforced popup in order to allow the application the ability to access cookies that are owned by the system shared browser (safari). The goal of this API from apple is to allow identity providers to utilize web based session controls. The only case this prompt will not happen is if you open SFSafariViewController instead, which looks visibly different (looks more like a safari web view instead of a immutable header on top that can be used only to login).

You can learn more about AFWebAuthenticationSession at Apple Developer Documentation in short the purpose of this prompt is to protect user’s privacy. Once Custom Domains is set this will allow you to prompt for your domain, therefore the app will show something like YourApp would like to Access YourApp.com in order to login.

2 Likes