iOS and Ionic v1 Wrong Username and Password

Background:

• Ionic v1
  • auth0/cordova 0.3.0
  • auth0-js 8.10.1
  • cordova-plugin-ionic-webview (aware that there are issues with this)
  • Using hosted login page
  • Having an issue getting authenticated in iOS. No issues in Android.

Once my application starts up, I click a “Login” button. This fires authService.login(), which in turn generates a new Auth0Cordova client. Then run client.authorize(). Pretty much lifted directly from the Ionic 1 Quickstart Guide.

I build my app with “ionic cordova build ios”, then use Xcode to launch the application on my iOS testing device. On clicking my login button, I get a"Failed Login (invalid email/password): Wrong username or password" response. Auth0 Logs read as following:

{
  "date": "XXX",
  "type": "fu",
  "description": "Wrong email or password.",
  "connection": "Username-Password-Authentication",
  "connection_id": "XXX",
  "client_id": "XXX",
  "client_name": "XXX",
  "ip": "XXX",
  "user_agent": "unknown",
  "details": {
    "error": {
      "message": "Wrong email or password."
    }
  },
  "user_id": "",
  "user_name": "XXX",
  "strategy": "auth0",
  "strategy_type": "database",
  "log_id": "XXX"
}

I verified that the username and password are correct. But on the off chance that I’m making the same mistake over and over (we’ve all been there), I attempted to change my password via my iOS testing device. I change the password via the Hosted Login Page, and I’m shown a green confirmation message. In my logs, though, I find a “Failed Changed Password: User does not exist” error.

I strongly suspect that I’m missing something obvious here. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened, and there has been no reply or further information provided as to the existence of the issue, we are closing this topic. Please don’t hesitate to create a new topic if this issue is still present, we would be happy to work with you to help find a resolution.