Invalid Request - No MFA factors enabled for enrollment

Hi

I am using the New Universal Login with a custom login page. In Security → Multi Factor Auth → Require Multi-factor Auth is set to Never. I am using a custom database connection that is working when I click the Save & Try button for the login script

However when I go to Authentication → Database and try my connection, My custom login page is displayed, but on entering correct credentials, I am getting the following error:

{
“error”: “invalid_request”,
“error_description”: “No MFA factors enabled for enrollment”
}

I did see a previous post about resetting the ‘Identifier + Password’ in Authentication → Authentication profile, but that didn’t work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Hi @richard.sanigar ,

I understand that your users are the invalid_request No MFA factors enabled for enrollment error despite it being disabled at a tenant level. Do you have any action enabling MFA with scripts like api.multifactor.enable(“any”);?

Thanks!

Hi Lihua

I am suspicious of the Terraform Auth0 Provider I had used. In the end I raised a support ticket and it was resolved by the following:

In the Auth0 dashboard,

  • Branding > Universal Login

  • Scroll down and click “Advanced Options”

  • Click the “Login” Tab

  • toggle the custom login page to OFF

  • On the left column of the dashboard, click “Authentication”

  • click “Authentication Profile”

  • Select Identifier First

  • Click Save

  • Select the first option “Identifier+Password”

  • Click Save

Go back to

  • Branding > Universal Login
  • Scroll down and click “Advanced Options”
  • Click the “Login” Tab
  • toggle the custom login page to ON

Glad to know this issue has been resolved. Thank you for sharing the solution with our Community! :clap: